Some use cases for this would be because:
- The end user wishes to divert calls to a sales person after hours, and retain the original callers number.
- The end user wishes to divert calls to personal mobile number when in Do Not Disturb, Lunch Break or other preferred status.
- Some other ungodly reason...
This method is O.K. to use when the SIP Trunk provider does not require the AuthID parameter set for From : Display Name, From : User Part, Remote Part ID - Calling Party : Display Name or Remote Part ID - Calling Party : User Part in the SIP Trunk > Outbound Parameters settings.
This will also utilise 2 SIP Channels in the process (one for the inbound call, one for the outbound call), preferred method is the Mobile App.
In testing this there was a total of four (4) scenarios executed:Scenario 1 - Forward External Call to External Number ✔️ Worked as expected
- Party 1 called from Mobile Number to Demo Phone System
- Party 2 transferred the call to a Mobile Number
- Mobile Phone displayed Party 1 as the Caller ID
- Party 1 setup a DnD Configuration to forward calls to an External Number, and set himself as DnD
- Party 2 called from the Phone System to another Phone System
- Party 2 answered the call, and transferred the number to Party 1's Extension, which forwarded the call to Party 1s Mobile
- Party 1 recieved the call with a Caller ID presenting to him
- Party 2 configured After-Hours settings to forward calls to an External Number
- Party 2 called from another Phone System to Demo Phone System
- Demo Phone System automatically forwarded the call to the Configured External Number
- Party 2 recieved the call with a Caller ID presenting to him
- Party 1 called the Demo Phone System from his mobile
- Party 1 answered the call, and transferred it to Party 2' Extension
- Party 2 answered the call, and transferred it to External Number (Mobile)
- Party 2 recieved the call with a Caller ID presenting to him (This happened because 3CX reconigsed the Original Caller ID being the internal extension's, not the original caller).
🔧 Configuration steps
There is a current backup available in the event you have to roll settings back!!!!
- Log into the Management Console (https://client.3cx.com.au/)
- Go to 'SIP Trunk'
- Go to 'Outbound Parameters'
- Change 'Remote Party ID' from 'OutboundCallerId' to 'OriginatorCallerID'
- Scroll back up and click OK. Note this will force a refresh of the SIP trunk registration which will drop all active calls
Suggest setting up a temporary DnD rule, or testing the after-hours forwarding rule to see if it has applied correctly.
If you need any help setting this up, or have any other questions about 3CX; don't be afraid to reach out to me!